Assistant On-Site Property Manager
Assistant On-Site Property Manager
Forest Lake, MN; Coon Rapids, MN
- Competitive Pay
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
An Assistant Property Manager is responsible, under supervision of the Property Manager, for providing residents a clean, safe, and well maintained community to live in.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain accurate records of all transactions and submit on timely basis (i.e., rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, etc.).
- Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted and deposited in a timely manner.
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and company guidelines.
- Handle petty cash and all funds for property.
- Order and stock supplies as needed and obtain approval by Property Manager.
- Confirm that leasing staff gather information about market competition in the area and file.
- Continually monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc., to be able to give up-to-date and proper information when requested by others.
- Showing of apartments if leasing agents are unavailable.
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained and in compliance.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
- Lead emergency team for community. Ensure proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Administer action plans consistently, and on a timely basis with performance problems. Document appropriately, communicate situation to supervisor, Human Resources Department and terminate properly when necessary.
- Create, prepare, and ensure distribution of company or community-issued collection/late notices.
- Collection of rent and handling of delinquent accounts and actively pursue those accounts.
- Entering in all deposits, lease renewals, leases into Yardi system.
- Responsible for bank runs and making bank deposits.
- Ensure residents are provided with a clean, safe, and well maintained community.
- Work as a team to report any deficiencies in, but not limited to hallways, stairways, exterior, laundry rooms, common areas, etc.
- Conduct fire and light inspections monthly.
- Assist caretakers when needed and inspect boilers to ensure accuracy and that the log book is kept up to date.
- When necessary, assist in showing vacant units.
- Maintain general office files.
- Follow up on work orders requested by residents. Work with leasing agent to be sure work orders are being submitted on time.
- Assist in landscaping and grounds inspections weekly.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times. Refer to and abide by proper etiquette in Employee Manual and Code of Conduct.
- Report all accidents and emergency situations with management and Human Resources for processing.
- Remain up-to-date on all OSHA/safety regulations.
- Ensure that all residents are provided with a clean, safe, well-maintained community.
- Report all accidents/injuries to supervisor and then to Human Resources for processing.
- Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Other miscellaneous duties as requested
The Assistant Manager is required to work 1 Saturday a month, along with 1 evening/close shift during the week to assist in relieving your office staff.
To ensure adequate coverage at each property upon an employee absence, prior approval must be given by supervisor via calendar invite to include a coverage plan. Emergency absences will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
High school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
Property Management Experience Preferred
Leasing Experience Preferred