Position Summary: The sales coordinator provides administrative support for the sales department of KS95. He or she must be aligned with the stations’ sales strategy and perform as a resource for all sales personnel.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides administrative support as necessary to Account Managers and Sales Management. Using keyboard and computer, types correspondence and completes data entry using various programs.
- Accurately and timely enter sales orders into the Marketron system as needed.
- Work with sales staff and on-air station talent to update half price deals on a weekly basis.
- Build Powerpoint sales proposals and presentations to be used in the field by KS95 Sales Representatives.
- Provides back up sales support in the form of responding to emails and voicemails from clients and assisting clients with various needs for absent account managers.
- Attends sales and clients meetings as required or requested.
- Generate times reports as requested for clients.
- Accurately record and update endorsement information on a weekly basis.
- Maintain contracts, including distribution, mailing and filing.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with operations, traffic and business departments as well as others. Builds good working relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public. Acts in a professional manner while at work and when representing the station.
- Assists other Sales Assistants as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to work on time and works established schedule/hours.
Physical RequirementsSit for extended periods of time at a desk, using a computer. Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Ability to hear and speak clearly. Manual dexterity to manipulate computer keys and other general office equipment including telephone. Ability to think critically and logically. Articulate information in a clear, concise manner to others.
Working EnvironmentWorks in professional, collaborative sales team environment with a number of team members.
QualificationsPrevious administrative or sales experience or relevant education preferred
Highly motivated and positive personality
Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access and
Word), IBM compatible, desktop publishing and graphics required
Proven ability to multi-task, finish projects on deadline in spite of numerous interruptions
Ability to complete projects/tasks quickly and accurately
Knowledge in use and interpretation of Tapscan, Nielsen and Scarborough data a plus
Must have a pleasant, customer-service oriented style-face-to-face, over the telephone and electronically
Cooperative attitude, sound judgment, flexibility, resourcefulness and the ability to ensure strict confidentiality of information. Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills required. Previous administrative or sales experience or relevant education preferred. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of individuals. Highly organized and detail oriented.